50 Ways to Wear a Scarf, by Lauren Friedman.

50Wayscover

So, here’s the big news.

For the past year, I have labored through the formidable task of writing and illustrating a book, which is now available for preorder on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and IndieBound. It is called 50 Ways to Wear a Scarf, and I am incredibly overwhelmed and grateful to have had the opportunity to create it.

If you had told me a year ago that I would be on my way to becoming a published author, I would have laughed in your face. (And if you had told my seven-year old self, I would have nodded solemnly and asked, “when, and how?”)

I am thankful for the good people at Chronicle Books, the friends, family, and loved ones who had to deal with me and my deadlines, and most importantly, for the regular visitors of My Closet in Sketches. It was because of one little post that a big thing like a book was made. I am so honored to be able to share a piece of my heart, something you can hold in your hands, a real, live, dog-ear-the-pages BOOK. About scarves! How amazing is that! To me, it’s a gift to you, dear readers, for sticking around and enjoying this site after all these years.

50 Ways to Wear a Scarf will officially be shipped on February 11, but pre-order it now, and tell all your friends! The more copies the merrier!  While the book will not be available in time for the holidays, I’d recommend printing out your order and the cover and wrapping it with a beautiful scarf to gift to that special someone… (Mom? Grandma? Coworker? Fellow scarf wearer?)

February 11 will be here before we know it!

Click here to preorder on Amazon

Click here to preorder on Barnes & Noble

Click here to preorder on Indiebound

1. Emily
    Posted December 4, 2013 at 7:12 am | Permalink | Reply

This is the best news! Pre-ordering mine soon… I want a signed copy!

2. Posted December 4, 2013 at 9:18 am | Permalink | Reply

So exciting!! I’m a scarf addict so this is definitely going on the to-order list :)

3. Kay
    Posted December 4, 2013 at 10:27 am | Permalink | Reply

Congratulations! I’m sure it will be amazing and I can’t wait until this comes out. I’m going to use your idea to give it for Christmas-it will be a nice February pick me up for my friends.

4. Bizzy
    Posted December 4, 2013 at 10:31 am | Permalink | Reply

This is amazing! So proud of you!! Just placed my pre-order… can’t wait for February!

5. Kyi-Sin
    Posted December 4, 2013 at 11:12 am | Permalink | Reply

Lauren, this is amazing!!! I love your work, and I have been secretly following your blog for a longgg time.

6. Nancy Cleland
    Posted December 4, 2013 at 6:19 pm | Permalink | Reply

Congratulations Lauren! This is wonderful news! We all know how talented you are!
    Just placed my pre-order! Sending you love and hugs!

7. gary Arnold
    Posted December 4, 2013 at 8:55 pm | Permalink | Reply

Your old neighbor isn’t surprised at all…. I remember that

7 year old !!!

8. Posted December 18, 2013 at 10:30 am | Permalink | Reply

Wow, congrats! How funny, because I just found this site through Googling how to wear a scarf. Your drawings are beautiful.

9. Posted December 29, 2013 at 11:11 am | Permalink | Reply

Just saw this post. Congrats on the book!

1. […] came from Lauren Friedman’s book 50 Ways to Wear a Scarf. Check it out on Amazon for super cute drawings and more clever ways to brighten up your […]