Scottish Rites

In celebration of recent events, my nuclear family is jetting to Scotland for the next week (and London for a few days). It wouldn’t surprise you to learn that before almost every trip, I draw out a packing list that looks something like this. Doing so helps me focus my vacation vision, which inevitably has turned into an homage to my ultimate semi-sportif hip-hop lady-playa who digs the rolling hills – a flat brim hat, some Adidas spandex, an incognito trench, etc.

I’ll be carrying on my dad’s old backpack, a Lands End Canvas fisherman sweater, the St. James tee, some American Apparel and J.Crew tees, my London Fog trench, my Urban Outfitters jean jacket, Cheap Monday and Zara jeans, Adidas running spandex, a Gap henley, a Lands End Canvas polka-dot button up “borrowed” from mom, my men’s department J.Crew shirt, new Converse All Stars, Bass boots, Target socks, the Avs, the Cat Eyes, and SEE glasses, a DC baseball cap from Jonas’s baseball team, mom’s scarves, books, books, books, (screw e-readers), Moleskines.

1. Posted May 7, 2012 at 11:26 am | Permalink | Reply

Ooh, have fun on your trip! :) I love carrying Moleskines when I’m traveling — perfect for jotting down notes, numbers, doodles. :)

2. Kay
    Posted May 7, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Permalink | Reply

So cute! I wish I had a “vision” for packing. Have fun.

3. Cameron
    Posted May 7, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Permalink | Reply

Oh no. You forgot to pack underwear. Classic mistake.

4. Posted May 7, 2012 at 9:04 pm | Permalink | Reply

This is so great! Have so much fun.

Collections

5. patti
    Posted May 7, 2012 at 10:39 pm | Permalink | Reply

Cameron, those are her unmentionables. That is why she did not mention them:)

6. Marta
    Posted May 14, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Permalink | Reply

i’m absolutely awful at packing–love this way of doing things. i’m far too lazy to actually lay out every outfit and take pictures and such,and drawing is such a smart solution. plus this array of clothing is lovely. don’t forget to break in your all stars before you go! otherwise there will be an abundance of blisters.

7. irene
    Posted May 18, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Permalink | Reply

wow.. so love it.. looks will much fun.. :)

Irene Wibowo

1. By » How To Wear A Button Up My Closet in Sketches on December 17, 2012 at 5:02 am

[...] plaid one underneath my grandma’s monogrammed sweater is from my brother c/o of J.Crew, the polka dot shirt my mom got from Land’s End Canvas, the chambray one is Rag & Bone and worn over a Gap [...]