Reader Dig Explained: How To Wear Lipstick

Some other sketchy beauty posts: My Summer Face, My Skincare, My Standard Makeup Routine.

1. Posted August 24, 2011 at 11:14 am | Permalink | Reply

I can’t wait until I’m an old lady so I can drink too much wine (preferably at Bingo) while wearing too much lipstick and because of my age no one will dare question me! I’ve been using Sara Happ’s lip scrub then lining my lips with a nude matte liner, then applying, blotting. applying. I swear it’s not as time consuming as it seems!

2. Posted August 24, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Permalink | Reply

I concur with Caitline above — I can’t wait until I become an old lady at bingo too.

Love this little tutorial – the color of your lipstick is so pretty. I tend to stick with safer dark pink and red lipglosses. I’m still trying to get up the nerve to wear Clinique’s Red-y to Party more often :)

3. Posted August 24, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Permalink | Reply

Love this! I never wear lipstick but perhaps I’ll try.

Fashionable Collections Giveaway

4. Biz
    Posted August 24, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Permalink | Reply

Nailed it. I’ll go for it this weekend. Might even stop by Target to pick up ‘dem heels.

Thanks friend! <3

5. Posted August 25, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Permalink | Reply

matte lip is the only way to go!

Steffys Pros and Cons

6. Lupe
    Posted August 26, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Permalink | Reply

Hi Lauren! I’m having trouble choosing a new pair of glasses (I need them as I am short-sighted and can’t wear contacts). I don’t want to look nerd nor hipster-y, but I do want to look stylish and embrace the glasses-look as I can’t not-wear them. Do you have any advice on The Glasses Affair? Thanks!

7. Posted August 27, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Permalink | Reply

o. i love the aesthetic of your blog
    like raw silk – yep. color is an accessory.

8. Posted August 28, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Permalink | Reply

Love the illustration and heels (hooray for Target shoes! … well sometimes anyway) though I disagree about the application of lipstick. One’s painted pout can never be too perfect!

2 Trackbacks

1. [...] Yes, I am a believer in matching my lipstick to my outfit (look, I even made a whole post about how to wear it!). [...]

2. [...] Money In My Tip Jar” eye, here’s how to do A Standard Five Minute Face, here’s how to wear lipstick, and finally (start planning, summer is closer than you think) how to do a Summer Proof [...]